Among my all time favorite books is When God grows a Church by Bob Russell. Bob talks about the movement of God in the local church. He talks about how God used and is using the church he served in Louisville to be a transformative body of Christ, that impacts that community with the saving message of Jesus Christ. He talks about God’s word being central to that ministry. He talks about how the preaching and teaching at every age group centers on Christ.
Friends, we continue to see God growing this ministry at Forum.
- This past Sunday was (by far) the all time high attendance at Forum (non-holiday).
- Wednesday night nearly 150 middle school students and parents attended a dinner to talk about the fall.
- This past Sunday we had a worship choir who helped lead us in phenomenal worship and praise.
- This Sunday after 3rd service we are offering the college students a luncheon as we talk about new opportunities for them, as well as what is available this fall.
- Our Children’s Theatre is about to get started over the next few weeks. We are looking forward to their involvement in worship and the coming production.
- The new playground is nearly fully finished (the equipment is up but tables and sitting areas will yet be installed), but it was great to see about 40 kids playing out there on Wednesday night.
- Construction continues as we, as leaders, are well aware of the growth that continues here at Forum.
- I’m so excited about what God is doing in this ministry.
- How can you help?
- Step up in prayer. Christ calls us to be people who are constantly praying. Pray we advance the message of Jesus in a strong and powerful way here in Columbia.
- Step up in ministry. We constantly need teachers, room assistants, security workers, van shuttle drivers, and people who are simply willing to serve anywhere.
- Step up in giving. I know many are giving sacrificially to this project above your tithes and you are giving sacrificial offerings. That’s awesome for those who are doing this. Thank you.
This Sunday we continue in the “Resurgence” series looking at “Overwhelmed!” So many times we don’t know where to start or what the next step is. In this message you’ll get great insight that gives you a spiritual template of how to take next steps in your life. It will also give you great insight as to how to overcome the challenges you face when you launch out into something new.
As ever, I know this Sunday is going to be a great encounter with God and with you as we worship together. See you then!